Refer a child
We accept wish referrals from parents or guardians, medical professionals – or even the children themselves. If you have any questions about the wish process, give us a call on 022 310 40 12 and ask for Anne or Fiona or write to us
click here and we will be happy to help.
To refer a child for a wish, you'll need to complete a registration form. To obtain this form, please fill in the application form below and we shall contact you upon receipt
What is a wish?
Our wishes give seriously ill children the chance to do something extraordinary. For many children, a wish is an opportunity to do something they never thought possible when life is tough. Children's wishes can range from being a princess for the day or meeting their hero, to going on a once-in-a-lifetime family holiday –
click here to read about some of the wishes we've granted. Whatever each child's wish is, we make the experience a truly individual and memorable one.
What are the criteria for receiving a wish?
- To have their wish granted, a child needs to be a resident in Switzerland, aged between 3 and 17 years, and fighting a serious medical condition. We liaise with each child's consultant to establish whether their condition is medically eligible.
- In addition, a child should not have received a previous wish from us or from another wishgranting organisation – we're only able to grant one wish to a child.
- We can accept a wish application if we receive it on the child's third birthday, or before the day of their 18th birthday.
What happens next?
- Once the child's medical eligibility is confirmed, we'll arrange for our specially trained volunteers to visit the child to find out what their wish is.
- Please note that our wishes are restricted to within Europe.
- Once the child's wish has been expressed, our office then contacts the child's doctor to get approval that the wish is safe and appropriate for the child's medical condition.
- Once we receive medical approval, our Wish Granters will contact the family again and begin the magical work of making a wish happen.
- The Wish Granters will stay in touch with the family as they plan the wish.
The magic can begin.....
Make-a-Wish Switzerland grants the most heartfelt wishes of children living with a serious medical condition to give them Hope, Strength and Joy.